SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aseret_gw

dog friendly... attractive dog run?!

aseret
18 years ago

I have a backyard dog run for my 3 large dogs..It is about 35 feet long x 15 feet wide & we have a chain link fence around it...we don't use the yard at all..The run is on a small incline..not too suitable for a "human party"..we stay on the deck....I open up my sliding door & they all run down the steps & play. thank goodness they don't dig holes to china...but it sure looks shabby..all the grass is gone & i have 2 or 3 paths my one setter mix has made...she has the most energy & can run for hours back & forth whenever the deer, squirrels or birds meander through...which is throughout the entire day! When it rains her pathsways, which are at the low end along the 35 foot fence length, turn to mud & she is just covered in it..!

I want to fix it up & have it dog-friendly yet somehow attractive.. I was thinking about making large stepping stones around the fence area..(maybe 6inches apart..I don't really know)....using a sturdy pizza box as a form & concrete...I was wondering if anyone has ideas on what to put under it so the rain or melting snow will not pool around it...Maybe pea gravel....I live in the Pocono mountains & the soil is very rocky...most gardens have to be raised..we even have a soil tiller thay spews up rocks like bullets! (it can be quite hazardous) I saw the message about using slats & it looks nice but I'm not sure I could do a project that large...

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate the input!

Thanks again

Comments (7)