SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aeiger

CT Spring Swap (Everyone Welcome!)

aeiger
16 years ago

Hello all, this new post was formerly the Fairfield Swap but as many of our readers are from all over CT, MA and NY, I am inviting everyone. The more the merrier! We have some important decisions:

1) Which weekend? May 4th or May 18th?

2) Which Park? The one in Derby or the Wolfe in Monroe?

If we choose the earlier time we need to start potting up now and we also need to contact those who declined thinking the event was the 18th. I hate to be a nag but time's a wastin! Let's all chime in with a preferred date. Either is fine with me. /Abi

Comments (150)

• aeiger
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Welcome Carl, I'm sure you'll have a good time. We are a neighborly bunch. You'll probably get some good plants too. Where abouts in NJ are you from? Sounds like you have a huge garden.

I wouldn't mind some mums and asters as well as Eupatorium. See you there. /Abi

• ego45
    16 years ago

Hedy, styrax could take plenty of shade, but blooming ability will be diminished. On another hand it doesn't need (but could take) a full sun either. Edge of the woods with 3-4 hours of mid-day to late afternoon sun is a happy medium, I think. If planted in E-exposure it probably need 5-6 hours of sun to perform the best.
    Re: your weeping styrax (Carrilon or Ryan's Weeping?).
    If I would of know of its existence 7-8 years ago I would of never planted that so common weeping cherry :-(
    It's an excellent 3 or 4 season interest shrub/small multitrunked tree if planted as a solitary, though you should not believe it will stay in 6-8' range as announced, 10-12' more likely!

• Related Discussions

Fairfield CT Spring Swap

Q

Comments (50)
    I don't know, it sounds like later in May is a problem for a lot of people, not to mention the parks. What about the weekend of May 10/11th or even the 3rd/4th? Then, if it's rainy, no fee issue with a pavilion, and either way we should have park space, whichever park we end up at. Just as an aside, the closer we can park to where we gather, the easier it is on all of us, I think, since we won't have to carry the plants as far, which can really add up when we make multiple trips with heavy containers. (I admit it, I'm a wimp about it- but in my defense I have two discs out in my neck.) BTW- I have about 10-2 year old regular sage plants, if anyone is looking for some. I tried planting them with my tomatoes but it didn't work out- the sage is overtaking the beds and has got to come out. I'll talk to Kathy and see if she can join us, too.
    ...See More

Let's set a date for the CT spring swap

Q

Comments (140)
    Cat_Delgado - I know this is kinda late, Dena asked if you have any extra Kim's knee high coneflower would you please set one aside? Thanks. We'll also be happy to take any extra empty pots anyone has. I'm gonna bake rye bread tonight, we'll bring that and some herb butter for it. Plantwise, some other items we are bringing in addition to the ribbon grass and tradescantia are: 1 Siberian Iris, dark purple 1 Lemon balm 4 Tansy plants some calendulas some red poppies Looks like it's going to be the perfect day tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone again. Bill & Dena
    ...See More

7th Annual Billerica Spring Plant Swap, All Areas Welcome

Q

Comments (23)
    Marlene, we missed you last year, hopefully we will see you this year. I do remember the talk about that plant and how you did get it. Glad to hear it is doing so well for you now. Leira, doing a good job with "the, one not so little now." Sounds like she will turn into a real little gardener and she needs her own special plant just for herself to water. Got it for you too, maybe even 2 little tiny plants for her to call her own. start her off now, save the seeds from them every year and she will have those plants for years to come. So you got to come and bring her along with you. wispfox, looking forward to seeing you again this year, did you every have that vine you thought might be a morning glory bloom and get it identified? s_angel0, so glad to see you posting to the thread and plan on coming to the swap this year. I had hoped to hear from you and see you at the swap. Don't worry about not having plants, we will fill you up to start off with, just bring along some goodies for us will be fine. In return, you get the plants and seedlings to take home with you. suzieque, Welcome and no, you are not to new to attend. No one is ever too new to attend, that's how you really learn about gardening. Talking to other gardeners and hearing what has and hasn't worked for someone else is the best learning experience. Nurseries can tell you some things, but they are working from the perfect environment to grow things. Gardeners, on the other hand, are doing things from experience in a "real garden" not perfection in growing environments. We live the real thing. Besides, you are an experienced gardeners dream come true, a novice that we can get hooked on "our love of gardening" and do it with fun, swap plants, give away seedlings and do it with good company from each other, good food and just plain relaxation and fun. Just come on and join us, we will load up your car with all kinds of good stuff for the garden, just be prepared to do lots of digging in your gardens. wish I could help you out, wisfox, but I don't have any of those plants. If any has some, would love a couple of divisions of Gaillardia Arizona Sun. Fran
    ...See More

Information CT 2012 Spring Swap: Meet, Greet and Eat

Q

Comments (6)
    Turns out, I am not going to be able to come to the CT swap this year. We have been waiting on a contractor to schedule us in for a project at our house and he let me know today that he is starting next week. We are taking over a big part of the demolition and I am going to have to be here working on that all next weekend. I apologize to anyone to whom I promised plants and am so disappointed about the ones you all were saving for me. I'll try again next year!
    ...See More
  • casey1gw
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info George. I was thinking I had a perfect place on the edge of my woodland. I have a dogwood nearby that does well.

As I was in the garden, I noticed that I also had Blue-Eyed Grass (sisyrinchium striatum 'Lucerne') and agastache 'golden jubilee'. I potted up 2 small pink spireas but I can do another if someone wants it.

Who wanted the coreopsis 'Heaven's Gate'?

• ctlady_gw
    16 years ago

Hi Hedy,

I was the one looking for Heaven's Gate early on in this thread ... would love some if you have it to share :)

/ Marty

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    16 years ago

Thank you George, but I think one styrax will be fine, lol!

Silvergirl, I love your motto! And agree wholeheartedly!

:)
    Dee

• ego45
    16 years ago

Hedy, if no one NEED it, I'll take 'Golden Jubilee' out of your hands instead of dividing my own. In my mulched beds it doesn't seed.
    I believe it's deer resistant. Not?

• suebot
    16 years ago

Hi silvergirl-

I would love some of your yarrow; just so happens after blue, pink and yellow are my favorite colors. I have just the place for them.

Looking forward to meeting you,

suebot in CT

• cat2
    16 years ago

SAGE- ANYONE LOOKING FOR SAGE? plenty to spare, here! seriously- these have been taking over the vegetable garden and I like tomatoes way more than sage and they need to go. 10 plants- some near 2 feet tall. Tasty, too. Pretty, silvery plants that look good until frost really sets in- freeze some chopped leaves for winter cooking. Am I tempting anyone yet?

Deb, does cimicifuga spread? It looks great in pictures, and I do have space under some trees (as always), but I don't want it everywhere. Some of the websites seemed to say no, some yes. Also, if you have them to spare, I'd love some lamium and wild foxglove.

A recap of reserved plants would be:
    Bill & Dena- campanula cherry bells
    Paige-bluet, cmpanula
    George-I have Deb's tiger lilies-they're real ones, too! I'll bring a couple for you plus poss. lily of valley and monarda
    Marty-lupine, poss. liriope
    Hedy-need any more tiger lilies?
    Sue-yarrow (paprika-small clump)
    Amy-Dahlia bulbs
    silvergirl-would you like some more dianthus?
    Deb-hens-n-chics (I'm trying to spread them myself, but I'll bring some for you.)

If I missed anything, please feel free to remind me.

Well, that's it for now- gotta get to work. Have a great day everyone.

• casey1gw
    16 years ago

George, I'll bring the 'golden jubilee' for you and yes the deer don't eat any agastache because of the strong smell.

Cat2 I'll take some of the sage. I lost all of it last year and was growing it from seed but the gardener knocked it over and I think it's a total loss. You may be able to talk me into more tiger lilies. When the debris gets taken away from outside the house, I'll be able to put in more gardens. (Gardenaholics always need more.)

I've dug the promised plants and of course some extras. Tomorrow's my last day digging so LMK if you want plants put aside.

Hedy

• ctlady_gw
    16 years ago

Cat2, I'll take some of the sage as well. We use a lot of sage (dry a lot for winter use) so I like having plenty around!

Here's my recap -- let me know if I've forgotten anyone!

PROMISED TO:

George: sedum "Autumn Joy," monarda
    Amy: hostas, monarda
    Paige: monarda, Siberian iris
    Cat2: Siberian iris

HOPING TO GET FROM:

Deb: rhubarb, rudbeckia triloba
    George: callicarpa dichotoma, carex "Ice Dance"
    Hedy: Beverly Sills iris, coreopsis "Heaven's Gate"
    Dena: pussywillow
    Amy: euphorbia cyparissias
    Paige: echinicea "Kim's Knee High", liriope
    Carl: miscanthus, persicaria
    Cat2: sage (if there's enough to go around)

I also have a couple of small pots of African blue basil -- big root systems (rooting in water indoors all winter) but just potted so looking a bit peaked. I'll bring them if anyone's interested.

Also ... Egyptian walking onions to spare (NEAT plants!), plus sorrel if anyone could use some.

Bringing chicken salad/pita. Do we need a cooler with ice or are people just bringing their own cold (or hot!!) drinks? Also bringing nametags and markers.

/ Marty

• hunt4carl
    16 years ago

Should be all potted-up and ready to go by the end of the
    day. . .good thing, since we're having rain predictions for
    the remainder of the week here in NJ. Which makes me ask:
    will your plant swap take place rain-or-shine? Of course,
    I'm selfishly thinking of the long drive up to Connecticut,
    only to find an empty picnic grove because it's raining cats-and-dogs and any sensible gardener would be indoors...
    but then, I've never known too many gardeners who were
    particularly "sensible", so I may have just answered my own
    question...

Someone suggested that I must have a "huge" garden...guess
    that depends on your perspective...:) Suffice it to say
    that it keeps me pretty busy and there NEVER seems to be
    enough time to finish everything...but you all know the mantra: "When the garden finally gets finished next year, there will be plenty of time to enjoy it..." Dream on...

In real terms: here in small-town Freehold , NJ (Monmouth
    County, 50 miles south of New York City), my small plot is
    50 feet wide and 200 feet deep - the bungalow occupies just
    1/4 of that and the rest is definitely garden! When we
    took ownership twelve years ago, that remainder was ALL
    grass, with a straight line of nine trees smack down the
    center of the sloping back lawn - weird! - but then when I
    was high up in one of those trees about a year later, cutting it down by the top-to-bottom technique (there was
    virtually NO way to "lay it down" in traditional Yankee fashion), I looked down from my bird's-eye perch and saw,
    in a flash, the former owner's plan...a completely shaded
    lawn in the most efficient manner - not too attractive, but he certainly got what he wanted !!!

Just a sample: more garden sagas anon...

Oh, yes: "was there anything I wanted?" Well, since I seem to have the same restraint as most of the rest of you, I'll demur...unless someone just "happens" to have a
    stray piece of Spigelia marilandica to spare...or a baby
    Kirengashoma palmata you don't want...or, maybe a little Vinca minor 'Alba'... Somehow, I suspect I WILL find
    something of interest available, and surprises are always
    great.

Carl

P.S. Anyone interested in "Heritage" raspberry seedlings?
    These are tough old-timers that give you two crops a season...I can't imagine a garden without "treats" to keep
    you energized while you're working - so far, my fruit collection includes about a dozen bushes & vines:
    4 raspberries, 3 blueberries, a blackberry, a Reliance grape, a brown turkey fig, a Meyer lemon (seasonal) and
    assorted elderberries... Like I said, my restraint
    abounds, just like yours.

• cloud_9
    16 years ago

Carl - There is a pavilion nearby we will move to if the need arises (40% chance of rain as of today). I will bring some Vinca minor 'Alba' for you.

Deb

• ctlady_gw
    16 years ago

Dena -- if your pumpkin seedings make it, I'd love to try one this year. Do you think if I planted it at the edge of a compost pile at the edge of a meadow, it would just clamber over the pile and be happy? My vegetable garden isn't large enough to accommodate a pumpkin vine...

And Carl, if you end up with a raspberry seedling or two, I'll take 'em happily. We've finally yanked the invasive multiflora rose from the edge of our meadow and hope to replace it with productive berries (I do have blueberry bushes and some native black raspberry vines, but assume raspberries would be happy in full sun at meadow's edge. Had Heritage at my old house and they DO produce wonderfully!

Thanks in advance to ALL of you!

/ Marty

PS: Carl: I believe it's a "rain-or-shine" affair, since there are pavilions if need be.

• corunum z6 CT
    16 years ago

Is there anyone in Connecticut who does NOT have White Wood Asters (Eurybia divaricata)? Anyone who wants any? I'd gladly (and I do mean gladly) dig a whole bunch up for the Sunday swap. They sure are invasive, but if anyone wants late summer to fall white blossoms at the base of trees, or on a shady border to the woods, you can have them! Also have some lily of the valley, and can bring one jack in the pulpit, plus George's oriental red poppy seedlings, and rudbeckia "Irish Eyes" seedlings and regular ol' basil seedlings. Any chance anyone has any regular chives? My seeds went missing. Do look forward to this gathering - my first!

Kindly,
    Jane

• ctlady_gw
    16 years ago

Hi Jane (of instant-spectacular-border fame!),

Glad you're joining us! I'm happy to dig you a clump of regular chives, and would love it if you happen to end up with an extra red poppy seedling (but only if George doesn't need them all -- he gets first crack at red poppies!)

Wish I could help you unload some asters but I'm awash in them myself!

Does the"Irish Eyes" behave like an annual or a "short-lived" perennial for you? I had it one year but it vanished entirely over the winter so I concluded it was an annual up here in Litchfield County. Anyone have any luck over-wintering them in the ground? It may just be too cold where I am...

/ Marty

• ego45
    16 years ago

I guess I'm almost done with digging and potting at everyone's request, even Carl's for Kirengeshoma.
    There were only two raised hands for carex Ice Dance and those wishes were granted, but if anyone else need more I could slice and dice my clumps and produce more.
    Also, if anyone would like to have Anemone tomentosa 'Robustissima' aka Big Runner, I could try to catch and pot it before it will be in the neigbor's yard :-)
    I have a last minute request, too, if possible.
    If you have a TALL nepeta, something of the magnitude of Six Hills Giant, I'd like to have 1-2 pieces of it. Mine's Walker's Low is too short to make an impact from the 30+ feet distance and nobody but me and my deers will be ever closer to that bed. :-)

• casey1gw
    16 years ago

George, I'm bringing nepeta subsessilis. Google this and see if it's what you're looking for.

Hedy

• hunt4carl
    16 years ago

Marty: raspberries have been added to your collection...

Jane: this guy in New Jersey doesn't have any white wood
    asters, so I'd be happy to have some - remember those from
    growing up in the Masschusetts woods...

George: if you're REALLY bringing that Kirengashoma I've
    been lusting after, lo, these many moons, then I'll be
    bringing you your Nepeta 'Six Hills Giant'...fair is fair.

Man, am I ever psyched !!!

Carl

• ego45
    16 years ago

Hedy, does N.subsessilis grow taller than 2.5'? Google says 1.5-2.0' and I'm affraid it will be too short for the purpose. Thank you anyway.

Carl, you don't have to do something you wasn't planning to do. Really.
    But I REALLY bring you Kirengeshoma no matter what :-))
    Normaly it has to be divided/transplanted in early April, either in a 'pips' or in a 'lolipop' stage, but before leaves unfurls from the 'ball'. However I was able to find two unopened shoots in one of the clumps and hopefully it will be fine. I have both, K.palmata and K.koreana, but for the life of me can't remember which one was the clump I took a division for you. They are not that different, though.
    Keep in mind that freshly divided kirengeshoma may not bloom for couple of years untill settled.

• denal
    16 years ago

Update:

Requests (wants):
    -carl18: Sedum 'Angelina', Heritage" raspberry seedlings

Reservations (give aways)
    -Marty: pumpkin seedlings (if they make it- I think I'll have one)
    -Jane (corunum): chives
    -paigect: a carnivorous plant for son

• casey1gw
    16 years ago

George, my plants never folowed the books. They're all over 3'. I have a 'William Guiness' columbine for you. Would you like some small ones too? I didn't want to dig the ones that have flower buds.

Hedy

• Richard Dollard
    16 years ago

Hi everyone, I won't be able to make it to this swap, kinda early in the season and I am still working in my kitchen. I am potting stuff little by little so maybe I can post my giveaways or just hold onto them for the next swap. Have fun, Richie

• cloud_9
    16 years ago

Dena and Bill - If you have an extra Venus Fly Trap that you could part with, my boys would love it also. If you don't - no worries!

Promised:
    Marty - rhubarb and rudbeckia triloba
    Dena & Bill - trillium, echinacea, "wild" foxglove, wild ginger
    Sue - lemon balm, lamium, trillium, shasta daisy, abeliophyllum distichum
    George - cimicifuga, tiger lilies, winter aconites, "wild" foxglove, vinca
    Paige - cimicifuga
    Hedy - tiger lilies, trillium
    Amy - "wild" foxglove, lamium, solomon's seal
    Cat - lamium, "wild" foxglove, cimicifuga (it spreads, but not aggressively)
    Carl - vinca minor 'alba'

If I have missed anyone, please let me know!

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    16 years ago

Richie, too bad you won't be able to make it. Is there anything you'd like me to pick up for you? I can always swing it by your place later in the week. Let me know!

Dee

• ego45
    16 years ago

Just potted already rooted baby Limelight hydrangea paniculata and have 'about rooted' (this year, 20-25 days old cuttings) of Blue Bird x1 and Annabelle x2.
    You may claim them now, but I'll bring them anyway, claimed or not.
    Dee, how I could be rewarded for not sending this to your DH?
    'Richie,... I can always swing it by your place later in the week'
    Sorry Dee, couldn't resist. :-))))) LOL.

• cloud_9
    16 years ago

NOAA is saying 50% chance of rain;Weather.com says 40% chance of thunderstorms; Weather Underground is saying just cloudy. Who do WE want to believe? ;-)

• casey1gw
    16 years ago

The news on TV tonight said it should rain in the PM with scattered light rain on and off during the day.

Hedy

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    16 years ago

Well, George, you have accomplished the almost-impossible... you've rendered me speechless. Maybe when I stop blushing I can think of a good comeback. Darn, how come I always think of great comebacks when it's too late???

;)
    Dee

• Richard Dollard
    16 years ago

Dee,Thanks so much for your generousity!!! I'm ok for now. I still have a few things to plant from last fall from a friend. tell me though, are shasta daisy plants coming up yet? I have noticed that mine isn't even peaking throught the ground yet. Thanks and have a good time, Richie

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    16 years ago

Richie, I have a couple of different shastas, and they are all up. As a matter of fact, I divided some "Becky" (which I got a few years ago from Sue (Vtskiers)) to bring to the swap. I can either put some aside or dig up some more for you if you need some.

I also have some "Little Miss Muffet" I can dig up for you. If you are too busy now, just remind me later in the season and I'll bring some to the fall swap for you.

Dee

• paigect
    16 years ago

Phew, exhausting day in the garden yesterday!

Hedy, I would love your blue-eyed grass if no one has claimed it, since you already potted it up.

Update to previous list:
    BRINGING:
    Hedy: Veronica Sunny Border Blue, Geranium Jolly Bee, Wooly Thyme
    Marty: Liriope, Ech. Kim's Knee High
    Lucia (welcome!): dianthus, unknown variety
    Abi: variety of ferns
    George: Lily of the valley (if neighbor digs it up in time)

REQUESTS:
    George: Unknown peony, carex ice dance, extra pots
    Amy: Lady's mantle, magenta geranium, lavender iris
    Hedy: Agastache Blue Fortune, unnamed blue iris, nepeta, geranium, blue eyed grass, chelone hot lips
    Marty: purple monarda, siberian iris
    Cat: Mountain bluet, campanula cherry bells
    Carl: salvia caradonna, epimedium rubrum, sea oats, miscanthus (if enough), celadine poppy (if enough)
    Deb: Cimicifuga
    Dena & Bill: carnivorous plant for DS

Thanks all, looking forward to Sunday. Glad we went with a place with a pavilion! Richie, sorry you can't make it, see you in the fall maybe?

• suebot
    16 years ago

George-

I would love Limelight and Blue Bird if they are available. I know any plant from you is a healthy specimen that is to be treasured. You have that special touch and keen eye. I have 3 Nikko Blues and 1 PG and have been needing Limelight and Blue Bird and any oak leaf hydrangea I can get my greedy little hands on.

See you Sunday!

Thanks,
    suebot in CT

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    16 years ago

Hi folks!

Unfortunately I'm probably not going to be able to make it to the swap this spring. I've just got too much going on around the home front right now. No doubt it will be a great time as usual.

Have fun,

Sue

• Richard Dollard
    16 years ago

Dee,
    Thanks so much. I will accept your offer of the daisies. What is the "Little Miss Muffet" variety?

• ego45
    16 years ago

Paige, what size of pots (1,1.5,2,3 and 5G available) would you like me to bring and how many?

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    16 years ago

Richie, I got these years ago, and the only info I can find now is at (yech) Spring Hill. But the link below should give you some idea (although mine don't look nearly as pristine and white and gorgeous as the photo!).

Sue, sorry you can't make it. But at least we heard from you! I was wondering if everything was okay since we hadn't seen you around here for awhile. Glad all is okay.

And you'll be there in spirit, as I am bringing divisions of a couple of things you gave me a few years back and which have grown and spread nicely. I already have the tags marked that they originally came from your garden!

Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: daisy Little Miss Muffet

• suebot
    16 years ago

George-

If I can have only 1 hydrangea (I don't want to be greedy) I would die for the Blue Bird.

Thanks,
    suebot

• paigect
    16 years ago

George, I would love about 5 each of the 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 gallon pots, and 1 of the 5 gallon, if that works for you. If you can't fit all of that in your car, don't worry about it!

Thanks!

• casey1gw
    16 years ago

Benedict's Garden Center (about 500' from the park) is having a spring open house with people speaking on perernnials, shrubs and herbs throughout the day.

Hedy

• pondlily
    16 years ago

Any suggestions on what's the best way to label your plants?

• cloud_9
    16 years ago

I usually label swap plants with popsicle sticks. I will try to remember to bring some extras for last minute labeling.

I bought and cut up a mini-blind for plant labels for the garden. I have about a bajillion. Anyone want some?

If George or anyone else has any extra larger pots (1 gal.+) I am interested. Any size or quantity.

• ctlady_gw
    16 years ago

I bought some bags of "jumbo craft sticks" (basically the size of tongue depressors -- popsicle sticks on steroids) at Michaels several years ago. 75 per bag. I'll bring some if I remember... the mini-blind works great, too -- better than the wooden sticks because it doesn't break down in the soil...

/ Marty

• paigect
    16 years ago

Someone at a previous swap cut up plastic cups lengthwise and used permanent marker on them for labels. It worked great. Personally, I usually label the pot itself with the name of the person who I am giving it to, either with masking tape with a marker or right on the pot. That way it is more obvious who it belongs to. I guess there have been issues in the past where people who don't post here came early and grabbed up stuff belonging to other people, so I wanted to try to avoid that happening!

• ego45
    16 years ago

Deb, I think my car will be full with a staff I'm bringing in. If any empty spot except driver's seat will be found I'll try to bring some pots for you.
    However if you are interested in something like 3 to 4 hundreds pots in different sizes and shapes you are welcome to come to my place and have as many as you wish to.
    My wife will reimburse you for the gas if you take them all :-))

• cloud_9
    16 years ago

George - LOL Your wife sounds like my husband!

• cat2
    16 years ago

Amy- do you think the petasites would not spread if I planted them inside a pot or put a deep border around the area? If so, I'd like to try one.

Also, Kathy asked if I'd keep my eyes open for lilies for her- I guess they cleared out a tree and she wants to fill the area with lilies. If you find yourself with too many and want to clear some out, I'd be happy to transport some to her.

OK, so one last time on the list- please if I left anyone out, let me know- I'll check one more time before leaving tomorrow.

RESERVED:
    George- lily of valley, tigerlilies, monarda
    Deb- hens n chics
    Marty-sage, lupine, liriope
    Paige-camapnula,bluet
    Dena-campanula
    Hedy-sage, tiger lilies
    Amy- dahlia
    Suebot- yarrow
    silvergirl 1426- dianthus

Plus unclaimed sage, campanula, lysimichia alexander

WISH LIST (of course, on last review I just had to add a few more things, if they are still available!)

George- caryopteris sunshine blue
    Dena- cockscomb
    Marty- siberian iris
    Hedy- Beverly Sills iris, variegated geranium
    Deb- wild foxglove, lamium. cimifuga
    Paige- sedum 'neon"
    Carl- hemerocalla "frans hals"

I'll see everyone tomorrow! I expect to bring some homemade corn salsa with chips. (If I don't eat it up today for my lunch!- I'll try to restrain, it's so yummy.)

Cathy

• uhry
    16 years ago

Hi All,

I am a little late posting for the site but I guess better late then never. I am going to bring a bunch of hostas they are green with white in the middle, they are almost impossible to kill. aeiger you mentioned you wanted some I can bring a couple for you if you like. I can also bring some ditch lilies if anyone wants.

Aeiger not sure if you have any lilies leftover but I would love one if you do.

Cat2 any extra dahlia roots you could spare would be nice as well. Actually I would love to pick your brain I have a couple of dahlia roots I want to split but need some guidance on how to do it.

Cloud9 if you could spare any variegated solomon seal that would be great.

carl18 I would love a pink aster or any hostas that you have. I can't get enough of hostas.

Hopefully the weather holds out for us I will see you all tomorrow.

• ctlady_gw
    16 years ago

All set for tomorrow ... I'm bringing nametags and markers (please put both your "real" name and your GW screen name on them to help sort out who's who) plus curried chicken salad with avocado and pita bread. Plus all spoken-for plants and a few extras.

Is there any need for a larger cooler with ice or are we all just bringing our own drinks/coolers/ice (HOT coffee!), etc.?

/ Marty

• cat2
    16 years ago

dahlias for urhy to be added.

Marty, I plan to bring my own water & stop for coffee on the way. I say, save the space in your car for plants to take home! :)

See you soon!

• cloud_9
    16 years ago

Marty - I am bringing some bottles of soda. If you have room, a cooler/ice would be useful. Thanks!

It looks like we may luck out with the weather after all!

See you all soon!