SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

7th Annual Billerica Spring Plant Swap, All Areas Welcome

littleonefb
11 years ago

Hello All,

It's that time of year again to start planning for the 6th annual Billerica Spring Plant Swap.

The plant swap is held in Billerica MA, but eveyone is welcome to attend, regardless of where you live.

â¨All are welcome with or without any plants or seedlings to swap. There will be plenty of seedlings just for the taking. Annuals, perennials, flower seedlings, tomato seedlings, veggie seedlings, plant divisions, as well as anything that is related to gardening, seed sowing etc.

So don't be afraid to come because this year you are new to gardening and have nothing to bring. We will be glad to solve your problem and fill up those new garden beds for you

Remember, you don't have to just live in the Billerica or surrounding area. You are more than welcome to come even if you live in a surrounding town or much further away.

For those of you that are new to plant swaps or have never attended my plant swap, we get together on a Saturday and swap our seedlings and plant divisions with each other. â¨Everyone brings something with them, goodies to eat, cold drinks, hot drinks, plates, napkins etc.

This is a very informal get together, I'm one of those informal people, like simple gatherings and just enjoy ourselves.

I set no basic rules for swapping plants, seedlings, divisions. Bring what you have to swap, set them up and each person sets their own "rules" if they want to.

If someone wants to do things differently for "their" plants, seedlings etc. that's fine with me.

â¨I just put out my seedlings for anyone to take and in the past most have done the same.

I like to see my seedlings and plant divisions go to anyone that wants them and not have to replant anything that is left.

Looking forward to seeing old faces (not age, those that have come before) and meeting new gardeners who want to join us, fill up their garden beds and just get together and with other gardeners and have a good time.

So here is the basic information and any ideas to add, just toss them out.

At least for me, it's far to early to know what I will and will not have for the swap. As time gets closer I will post what I will have and others can do the same.

I don't have any problems with people asking if anyone wants a particular division of plants or requests specific seedlings that will be available. â¨I would rather know that someone wants a division before I dig it out than to waste time doing so and have to replant.

Fran

DATE: Saturday June 2, 2012

TIME: 10AM until everyone wants to leave

LOCATION: Billerica MA. I will e-mail address and directions the week of the swap to all who are planning to attend.

Comments (23)