SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickster257

What is blooming in your garden week of June 19th

vickster257
18 years ago

Happy Father's Day to all,

I cannot recall everything which is in bloom but will try:

Front yard--purple wave petunias under the weeping golden chain tree; dusty miller, white begonias, raspberry colored impatiens, rose vincas, apricot verbenas, gold, orange, scarlet zinnias, pink begonias, canna tropicana in foundation planting--under ornamental cherry tree - portulaca which I love, antique pansies(unsure of the correct name), begonias, coming in now is Black Beauty lilies and so tall

Rt.Side - phlox amethyst (color), daylilies are in bud as are the hydrangeas(no bloom for the past two years), and on left side - a small bed of cannas Tropicana and Inferno, Gerberas red and pink with dusty miller plants, Salvia Queen Victoria will bloom soon,

Deck planters: Lantana with pink and goldcolors, petunias, dusty millers, petunias, phlox, purple verbena, lantana with fucshia and gold colors, Tropicana Gold Canna, also deck boxes of herbs, chives in bloom, spearmint, peppermint, other plants but not in bloom

Backyard to the best of my recollection without peeking:

Hostas starting to bloom - Blue Angel, Sum and Substance, Great Expectations, Frances Williams, Spiderwort, Primrose Japonica, Lamium (new), daylilies in this area all have buds, Calla Lilies have just started to bloom, bleeding heart just finishing bloom, also peonies; rose garden-Bellaroma, falstaff, teasing georgia, Mistral, Evelyn, Gold Medal, Auguste Renoir (4 died over this past winter) wave petunias, alyssum, salvia red, homestead verbenas, Moonbeam coreopsis ready to pop open, daylilies mixed,

Stone Garden - coleus mixed dark shades, daylilies mixed pink shades (new) with buds), festuca, hanging baskets of pink and purple petunias, asiatic red lilies, border of Stelle d'Oro daylilies looking pretty, portulacas, lavender, Iris, lady's Mantle, Zepherine Drouhin cl. roses with clematis Harlow Carr(?), Astilbe, red and pink, Achillea, others in bud, red begonias,

Mailbox planting of Clematis- General Sikorski, other clematis: Pilau, The President and Josephine in bloom maybe today(I had pruned this one severely)

I don't think that's all but that's the best I can do from memory. I know as soon as I finish, more will come to mind but will add to this list as the garden blooms change......

Now tell me what is blooming in your garden this week or last week??? Anyone?

Vicki

Comments (13)