SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runktrun

Genetically Modified Forest Planned for U.S. Southeast

runktrun
14 years ago

Admittedly anything that Monsanto and its subsidiaries are involved in tends to immediately raise the hair on the back of my neck, but I am going to do my best not to bore you with my ranting and raving. Rather I was hoping you would share your reaction to the Scientific American article"

Genetically Modified Forest Planned for U.S. Southeast"

A few weeks ago I ranted to anyone who would listen about MonsantoÂs decision to raise the price of corn seed by 30% and soybean by 24% in this economy. Does MonsantoÂs track record with genetically modified seed raise any concerns for you? Is this the first time you have heard about this plan? Do you think the USDA is involved enough or too little? Do you see any possible secondary effects affecting New EnglandÂs native plant population? What questions were you left with at the end of the article? Do you think the media has given adequate coverage to this plan as well as other GM topics affecting the lives of Americans? If your neighbor who is generally not interested in anything involving plant life read this article what do you think their reaction would be? I am looking forward to reading your responses and I am particularly interested in the reactions of our more southern forum members Nandina and Carl.

Comments (12)