SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hostarhodo

Hostas in Bouquets/Seniors

hostarhodo
15 years ago

Does anyone watch As The World Turns, Meg's bouquet on todays show was made with hostas and other flowers, looked great.

Also showed the garden with huge hostas and roses. I was so excited.

There is a florist in Halifax (originally from my area) who has made arrangements for people all over the world and when I asked him he stated he uses hostas, but sometimes perfect leaves are hard to find.

I used some in an arrangement for a friend when her husband passed away, she is a gardener, also have made corsages using small hosta leaves.

Last week I brought in a hosta leaf and flower scape just opening, had them in water on the kitchen table. My daughter looked at the scape and said, that's nice.

Of course it was.

Last night I did something I would not normally have done, but t t. Break leaves off some of my hostas. I work with seniors and I took a leaf from Dream Weaver, Blue Angel, Blue Umbrellas, Big Daddy, Krossa Regal and for contrast and color Liberty, Loyalist, Revolution, King Tut.

Between clients I visited another client (at his sons home) as I was in his area today and he was overwhelmed by the size of the leaves, especially Dream Weaver. In his day he was a gardener and I am told he had a wonderful garden, in the last few years I saw what remained and he had grown hostas.

I know it made his day. His age 101 years. It made my day to see the wonder in his face.

Some day we may not be able to take care of our gardens and hopefully someone will bring the joy of it all to us.

Once a gardener, always a gardener.

Betty

Comments (3)