SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njtea

Finally got out today

njtea
18 years ago

Today, I finally got out to my favorite garden center and came home with 3 plants, one of which is Sedum "Angelina". What a gorgeous plant that really stands out even against the mulch.

I also got a geranium and a low-growing dianthus.

All 3 plants were in quart containers that I could plant while sitting on the ground and using a trowel.

While planting the sedum, I happened to notice that the lady's mantle I've had in the front for several years did not return this year - all that remains are several mats of dead/dried roots and "stems" which I could not even begin to dig up. So there they will stay until I can attack them using a shovel.

Last year's dryness in that spot must have done them in, because in the back yard there is lady's mantle all over.

But while at the garden center, the infamous post-anesthesia memory loss set in big time. I was looking for a shrub the name of which I know very well, but could not come up with it then and still can't come up with it. It begins with a "d" or a "g" or maybe neither and has white round flowers in early spring, turns a pretty red (I think) in the fall. Any and all hints are deeply appreciated - but no laughing or snickering is allowed.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor