SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anita55_gw

need opinion

anita55
15 years ago

Hello, i was lucky to find a nursery about 40 minutes from home that specializes in native plants. I was browsing around and my daughter noticed these very pretty round groundcover plants with adorable pink flowers. I scooped up 6 of them to put on the edge of my garden which I am turning into a native garden. The plants were clearly labeled with names and photos. They are dianthus cheddar pinks. ON returning home and reading up a little, it seems that they are not natives but imports from England. usually i do my research and go with a list of specific plants to buy. This was an impulse purchase and now I have these plants (already in the ground) that are not at all what I intended. do I take the whole blame for this? Do they have any responsibility for selling non native plants to an unsuspecting customer? I was even talking to the attendant about how I am trying to add some native plants to my garden. I'm annoyed that she didn't tell me at that point that I was buying something that is not native. May I have your opinions on how I should handle this or should I chalk it up to my own ignorance, or find another nursery? I appreciate your thoughts.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor