Please Help to ID? Leaves like Aquilegia...

Freyja.(3a-4a)

Hello, I am relatively new here to the gardenweb forum (been coming here so often in the past year - time to join up thanks for all the info here by the way!) and new to this area I live in and am trying to identify all the flora around me.
I have included a photo...

I thought these plants would come up to be Aquilegia flowers when I saw the leaves all around but then I am surprised with unknown flowers I've never seen before.

Could anyone help me please? The flowers are very tiny and have been open for about a month now in zone 3a-4a.

(hoping this is the correct forum ... )

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Iris GW

Welcome!

Looks like a meadow rue, perhaps Thalictrum occidentale. Where in Canada do you live?

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to info

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
docmom_gw(5)

I agree. Meadow Rue.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decluttering Downsizing Help: Choosing What Furniture to Leave Behind
What to take, what to buy, how to make your favorite furniture fit ... get some answers from a homeowner who scaled way down
Full Story
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Silphium Perfoliatum Pleases Wildlife
Cup plant provides structure, cover, food and water to help attract and sustain wildlife in the eastern North American garden
Full Story
We have 20 years of experience in masonry work. We are specialized in all type of masonry work. Our team services... Read More
For over 30 years we have been honored to be the first choice for backyard courts, greens, gymnasium flooring &... Read More