How bad is spraying for rust for the environment?

jillyluis(6A)

I'm trying to use more native than not, but the only native that works in my space is serviceberry. It would be a row in front of my house, so looking terrible from July on would be a problem. I don't know that I would get rust and have to spray, but I've been advised by a tree guy that I should. We've been all organic up to this point. I'm trying to weigh the benefits of native serviceberry with probable spraying v pagoda dogwood
Thanks a lot
Jill

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wisconsitom(Zone 4/5)

Jilly, your question is a bit open-ended and thus, hard to answer, but one additional question comes to mind; Isn't pagoda dogwood also native to your area? I know it is here in WI, and is a fine plant in its own right. It too is valuable to wildlife, etc.

+oM

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Materials Insulation Basics: What to Know About Spray Foam
Learn what exactly spray foam is, the pros and cons of using it and why you shouldn’t mess around with installation
Full Story
Gardening Guides Bid Bad Garden Bugs Goodbye and Usher In the Good
Give ants their marching orders and send mosquitoes moseying, while creating a garden that draws pollinators and helpful eaters
Full Story
Window Treatments 6 Ways to Deal With a Bad View Out the Window
You can come out from behind the closed curtains now. These strategies let in the light while blocking the ugly
Full Story
Full service Design/ Build firm with over 15 years experience in kitchens, bathrooms, interior design, furniture,... Read More
Pond Roofing Company is a family-owned and operated business serving Northern Virginia residents for nearly 50... Read More