SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamcleod_gw

gorgeous garden, Conway area - how to create rock steps?

pamcleod
15 years ago

Sorting through some photos of my mother-in-law's garden from the Conway area of NH, I thought I would share them with my favorite garden forum for a nice mid-winter pick-me-up.

My mother-in-law passed away from cancer last year, and spent > 20 years creating this 3-acre hillside garden. She was a Master Gardener and featured on the local garden tour. The garden has mature ornamentals such as magnolias, witch hazels, japanese maples, crabapples, fruiting apples and pears, fiveleaf akebia, grapevines, and clematis ... among many, many others. It is all I can do not to try to dig them out and bring them all home with me! (plant IDs from the photos are welcomed - I'm going to see if I can ask someone from the Mt. Washington Valley Garden Club, of which she was a lifetime member, to do a walk through with me when the snow melts to map the significant plants)

My father-in-law has recently moved out, and we are sorting through old photos and that kind of thing. It's gotten me a bit weepy about the garden she created and what may become of it ... it was the one thing she and I had in common (besides her son!), and she gave and/or purchased many beautiful plants for me over the years.

Enjoy the photos - they really don't do it justice. I love her stone work, but I know there will be many, many excavator rentals in my future (and much older children) before I can come close.

Pam

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (14)