SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paigect

Injury - - looks like I could be sitting out the season

paigect
15 years ago

So I have torn the cartilage in both wrists - - the TFCC, to be more specific. I'm fairly certain this happened 4 years ago while using an axe to chop roots while digging my patio, and I probably made it worse over the years doing various other things to re-injure it (yoga, in particular, and more heavy gardening). I can no longer lift anything of any significant weight. I can't perform tasks that require swinging a garden implement or shoveling or any other repetitive motion. I've lost a significant amount of grip in both hands. In short, about the only thing I will still be able to do in the garden is weed (carefully) and trim/prune.

There is a surgery, but it does not come with a high satisfaction rate, and re-injury is common.

So here I am, with all the equipment for a new composting system I wanted to implement this year, and lots of plans for landscaping my backyard, and it simply isn't going to happen. I am trying to adjust to that idea.

Has anyone else been through this? How have you tailored your tasks to your various injuries?

Comments (14)