SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

It's Raining It's Pouring

User
9 years ago

For the second day, no watering required here!

It is raining, it is pouring. And now I hear
The Delicate Sound of Thunder.
If you are a Pink Floyd fan, you know the sound.

Intermittently the sun comes through in patches on the lawn. Too wet to spread cypress mulch or sculpt the last raised bed or cut the grass or .....any number of things.

Instead, it is a good excuse to read.
The Garden Art of China is beside me here.
When I wind up with HostaForum, I'll go to a cozy spot to listen to it rain, with the album from YouTube playing.
It reminds me of long nights at sea, underway in black darkness with stars above, meteor showers streaking along our pathway, the vessel lifting on the swells in rhythm with the musical movements. I have the concert video of this album performance, I can see it in memory, that haunting saxaphone sound, smoke wafting across the spotlight. Powerful perfomers.

My Dolly girl is doing so fine, got up yesterday with a shine in her eyes again, gobbled down the meds hidden in some bland canned food from the vet did not spit anything out. Then she slept, all seems well.Amazing how she recovered. Now giving her antibiotics is not a struggle.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. We sure needed the rain. And I needed a break.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink Floyd-Delicate Sound of Thunder

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County