SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gpoitras_gw

Problem with Autumn Blaze Maple? Picture Links

gpoitras
14 years ago

First off, here are the pictures. Problem described below. Thank you in advance for any replies.

I purchased and planted this Autumn Blaze Maple (2.5" - 3" diameter trunk) in May of this year. It was about late June when I noticed the top of the tree turning colors like it would normally do in the late fall. Upon closer inspection I noticed some droopy leaves (maybe they are supposed to look like they are droopy). Now it is late July and the entire tree is looking like it's ready to change colors and loose it's leaves. Some leaves have already fallen to the ground.

The soil is mostly clay.

There area on one side of the tree is usually moist as the grade in my lot allows for water from the neighbors (when they water their grass) to run through my back-yard. I usually water the tree once a week with about 5 to 10 gallons of water which I give to the tree via the bucket you see. I've drilled small holes in the bottom to let the tree sip the water. Otherwise the tree gets water when I water my grass via the sprinkler. Maybe an hour in the evening, twice a week. In June I also gave the tree some ironite. I have approximately 3 inches of mulch around the tree.

I have a clevland pear planted in the back-yard as well and I am not having any problems with it.

Comments (7)