SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnt_gw

Lowes stuff -- too early!

19 years ago

I went to Lowes last night to get some metal fence stakes -- their annual onslaught of boxed plants is in, and they have some nice things, if they're accurately labeled. But it's at least a month too soon for most of this stuff! Clematis (about seven kinds), cannas (including two stripey leaved varieties for about what I paid Horn Cannas) daylilies, asiatic and oriental lilies, calladiums, convallaria, minor bulbs, the works.

I couldn't resist. I came home with a package of five canna Durban (another name for Tropicanna) at a bit more than a dollar apiece, plus white oriental lilies with dark-orange and yellow streaks that should match it well, and a dark-red daylily with a gold throat to set them both off. And a couple kinds of curly-leaf red caladium I'd not seen before. All these things except the daylily will keep in their bags of peat until mid-April, the earliest I'd consider putting tender plants out...

We may be Zone 7, but this is jumping the gun! Still, would you rather let these cuties molder at the store, or buy them now and let them mold in your own garage?

LynnT

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996