SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thisismelissa

Somebody Stop Me! I bought more!

thisismelissa
14 years ago

I went back to that local grower's sale today to exchange American Icon and get a 2nd opinion on that "Illicit Affair"... BTW: He confirmed what I thought he said. In certain conditions, the plant does grow lower to the ground. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes by shorter next year since it'll be in the ground, competing with others.

Anywho...

Here's what hopped into the back of my truck tonight:

bottom: Silk Kimono, Sunlight Sister, Parky's Prize

top: Kifukurin Hyuga, A very cool streaked Orange Marmalade sport, Showboat, Twilight Time (a gorgeous shiny dark green!)

Here they are!

So, let's see.... 7 tonight, 14 yesterday, 13 from Venero, 2 from Gertens, 3 or so from Linders, 3 or so from Bachmans, 3 or so from Pahl's, 2 from Terra Greenhouse. So, if my math is right, that's 47! So, add that to last year's 183 named varieties, and I'm up to 230, plus a few that I've since identified... So, I'm guessing I'd be around 235 different varieties, but upwards of 300+ total plants. Not bad for a garden just over 2 years old, huh?

And Paul.... um, remember when I said 20? I was only off by 120%! Guess I better start ripping out the yews, huh?

Comments (11)