SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimcoco

toning down my hostas with small blues

kimcoco
12 years ago

I always complain that I have no yard space. For some reason, I went nuts with hostas this year, my latest "garden" fettish. So I guess I'm getting rid of some other plants.

Particularly, I got a lot of yellow or yellowish edged hostas. Sagae, tiny bubbles, satisfaction, etc.

I'm putting Paradigm with Satisfaction, a Patriot, and Second Wind up front. There will be two Paradigms.

On the other side of my walkway, I will also have Second Wind, and Brother Stefan there = he looks like a bright yellow to me.

I'd like to tone this down by adding some SMALL blues - I have Halcyon that I've moved around so many times I don't know the growth at maturity. I'd like something I could "tuck" in front of Paradigm and Satisfaction, as an edger, and I don't know if Halcyon would work in terms of size. If so, great.

I like the form and habit of Halcyon - the shape of the leaves are nice. I was looking at Pearl Lake, Pacific Edger, Blue Cadet, Eric Smith (too large??)...or any suggestions?

Which of these, or others, would fill in a small space and add a subtle contrast to the other hostas, but not draw attention away from the aforementioned hostas?

Comments (12)