SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esther_b

Argh!!!! 99 cent store "pests" invading garden!

esther_b
10 years ago

After I invested at least $200 in plants, topsoil, peat moss, mulch, fencing, glazed pots, etc. and 3 hours of hard back breaking labor to turn the ugly collection of dry soil clods of the Neighbor's Plot into a beautiful garden, I did not expect, nor was I offered, any reimbursement from either Upper Neighbor or Lower Neighbor.

But I didn't expect to come out this morning and find a huge, GARISH pinwheel stuck into the middle of that garden. Flanked by a cheapy trite little painted wooden house cut of flat wood on a pole stuck into the soil, which says, "Spring". And stuck into the soil of my raised bed on the other side of the sidewalk, where resides my glorious Easy Does It rose and various callibrachoa blooming their heads off, another such cheapo flat house on a stick which proclaims "Garden".

Arggghhhhh!!!!

I took out the latter flat house on a stick and stuck it into the back of the Neighbor's Plot, behind the Obligatory Bushes. I moved the one that said "Spring" to the back of the garden, butting right up against the Obligatory Bushes. The garish pinwheel, a double pinwheel with a fake sunflower in front, might well be "stolen" in a week or two.

I thought I was doing proper homage to the Chinese guy next door ("Upstairs Neighbor") by using the icky white pot he so proudly presented to me when I said I'd like to plant the garden that had been laying ignored for so many years. The icky pot that was destined for the garbage can, and laying next to it for a week before he "gifted" me with it as though he were bestowing upon me the keys to the city. Although the pot was hideous, I planted some mini-snapdragons in it and put it in a prominent place in the garden. But these crummy-looking houses-on-a-stick and the in-your-face pinwheel, they're a bit much.

Comments (35)