SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jesslovesreg

Does my hydrangea need help, or do I?

jesslovesreg
17 years ago

Hello all,

I have a new unknown blue mophead hydrangea purchased from a farmer's market and we're having some problems.

Until yesterday, 'Heidi' was an indoor potted plant. She was doing well for a few weeks until the lower leaves began to turn yellow and fall off. Then, the upper leaves began to brown at the edges, as if they were drying up. Her blooms were also beginning to brown, but I thought that was what was supposed to happen?

I assumed this was because her pot was too small so I bought her a new large pot and replanted her. This is when I found beautiful new roots (she also has many green buds) which is why I'm thinking maybe I'm the one with the problem.

She is now outside near the window I used to leave open for her to sit on - maybe she needed some fresh air?? But I'm worried what will happen if all of the leaves yellow or dry and fall off? (she is a small plant and doesn't have very many leaves left)

I hope this is enough info for some advice, I'll post a picture soon, and I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks - Jess

Comments (2)