SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgeiii_gw

The Dark Garden: The Hydro-Pod

georgeiii
13 years ago

I was doing some thinking about the large scale production of bio-fuel using Barbados nuts as the feedstock. Seems two of the problems are, one talk about a lousey germination rate. Out of 50 seeds 4 came up. The other thing is it's a wild plant. You can't tell by looking at it how good a seed producer it will be. And since I don't anything about the parent plant I'm kind of scratching here.

I have to tell you for growing only on water and a few squrits of fertilizer that was a thick piece of wood. Their trunks were about an inch an a half thick. So I took 7 cutting and added them to a Squad of Hydro-Pods. (A refabricted 3 liter plastic soda bottle.) These are pieces 6 to 8 inches long. I let the dry out a litte before sticking them into the medium. After 7 days I can see the tuber pressure in the leaves increaseing. But again it's nice to look at them but their being grow for seed production. I can't tell that now because I took the intrest in cloning them and waiting a year. If next year I find that one of the orginal 4 are good seed producer I'll clone it. So that's where it's at with the slowly moving indoors thing going on.

Comments (26)