SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gogirlterri

GE - one last chance!

gogirlterri
10 years ago

Call me a wuss or whatever you like. I am a sucker for beautiful things: a pretty blouse, pearl earrings, diamonds and Great Expectations. Yes, I hold GE on par with all the others. So on the way to choir practice Thursday I stopped by Vilts Greenhouses to buy bush cuke and buttercup squash and couldn't pass up looking at the hostas (of course :o)

No new bra for this gal at least this month; and one of the 5 new hostas down. H. 'Great Expectations'.

Moc-the ButterCUP squash helped ease my conscience (I did say I like 'pretty' didn't I?) Thanks for the tip!

Be ready because if she as much a burps I will be here asking advice. I planted her right next to where the water spout is and the hose gets coiled so I won't forget to water her; because that is what all of you who have had success with GE has told me. And she will get 4 hours of unfiltered morning sun; because a lot of sun is what you also have told me. Before planting her I turned a bag of well aged mushroom compost into the dirt and made her new bed all nice and fluffy. The depth in the nursery pot is exactly even with the dirt and when the dirt settles she might be a tad higher; and that to is what you've told me.Then to retain moisture, and possibly deter squirrels from digging her up, I gave her a nice comforter of wood chip mulch, with is not smothering the eyes.

Have I started her off right? Ya Think? Tell me b4 it is too late and I kill another one. Pretty please!

Theresa Ann

Comments (22)