SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

My last chance to tweak cabinet layout...one dilemma

melissastar
13 years ago

They are (Finally) framing the kitchen and the electrician plans to rough in tomorrow. That means this is my last chance to decide whether I want to swap the placement of the microwave and the kitchenaid mixer cabinet..

In either case, both will be located beneath the counter: The microwave in a 27" base cabinet with a deep drawer beneath it and a 9" tray storage cabinet near it. The 18" appliance lift cabinet will be paired with an 18' trash/recyling pull out.

First option has the Kitchen aid and trash in the peninsula and the microwave and tray base along the window wall between the two windows. My first thought about this was that it would be nice to have the kitchenaid along the peninsula, giving me a nice wide place to do my baking thing and facing out into the eating/family room area while I work. (I'm a social cooker).

Now i'm wondering if I wouldn't rather have the microwave there and the mixer along the wall, where spatters would be more contained and easier to wipe up. that may also be a modestly better location for the kitchenaid platform to stick out, when it's in use. And if so...should it be at the end of the counter run or closer to the corner? Opinions? thoughts ?

I've spent the past hour trying to scan and post my latest sketch of the kitchen and can't seem to get it to work, so the best I can do for a visual is refer you to the previous iteration of the kitchen plan...which is close, just ignore what looks like an oven on the window wall!

Here is a link that might be useful: rowhouse kitchen plan

Comments (3)