SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydroangel

What can I grow with Hydroponics and how?

hydroangel
15 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm new to hydroponics and need some help. I currently have an Aerogarden growing herbs, but I want to grow more things like Spinach, Plum Tomatoes (or any other type of tomatoe that may be better for hyroponics) Green Onions (or any onions) Green Peppers (or any peppers) and any type of salad green (I like them all). Also want Brocolli & Carrots, but I don't think those will work in hydroponics. I am planning on setting up a Deep Water Culture System in a rubbermaid container that I can place on my windowsill (trying to save money on lights and live in an apartment) From my measurements, I could probably have 2 different containers with 15 3" net pots in them. So my questions...

From the above list, what could I grow in these window DWC containers?

What would be better to just grown in a window box with soil?

What type of nutrients would the given vegetables need? N-P-K, brand?

And with the given nutrients, which plants can grow in the same container? I've heard lettuce and tomatoes probably aren't a good pairing.

I could also swap out things from the Aerogarden into the window DWC if they need the light. Feel free to add any other vegetables or fruits that I did not include.I think that's it for my first round of questions. I'm sure there will be more later on. Leave any links that may be useful.

Thanks,

Angel

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting