SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esther_b

Three hostas jumped off my computer monitor into my basket...

esther_b
10 years ago

What IS it with hostas? By now, I figured Cherish and Yellow Polka Dot Bikini were not going to appear this year. I went through a proper period of mourning, then looked at what Made in the Shade had to offer. I ordered another YPDB, and instead of Cherish, I went for High Society. It looked pretty and had some resemblance to Cherish, only bigger. And then I saw Sparkler, and it HAD to be had.

I also bought a different type of critter discouraging powder in what will probably be another vain attempt to stop the ___ squirrels from making divots in my hosta garden and around my rose. That Easy Does It rose, BTW, is blooming its little head off now. They uprooted my newly planted Autumn Leaves heuchie in their digging efforts, but I think quick replanting saved it. It looked fine today, especially with all the RAIN we're currently getting.

I noticed that 2 of the 5 new hostas in the Neighbor's Plot initially lost some of their outer leaves, but are sending up new ones in the middle. Is that just transplant shock?

Comments (2)