SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_ussher

No gardening for me for a while...

SaintPFLA
15 years ago

All I have to say is, be careful when you are driving during this holiday season. Or, rather, just be careful and always wear your seat belts.

I was in a bad car accident Saturday evening. I was hit by a drunk driver in a large pickup truck who was fleeing accident #1 further down the road, when he slammed into the back of my car trying to get away.

Then, he backed up, rammed me again and decided to pass me on the left of my car, crossed into on coming traffic, jumped the side walk and hit a building. Once his truck came to a stop, he ran on foot to flee this accident.

The police and ambulance arrived and the police set the canine unit on him. They did finally catch him -- face first in someone's backyard Koi pond. (it may be one of your koi ponds for all I know?..).

Anyway, he's in jail. I went to the hospital via ambulance. My neck and back are totally screwed up. My car is a complete loss. I now find myself having to buy a new car - which was not in my budget of course. (sigh...)

It could have been much, much worse. I am grateful that my guardian angels were looking out for me and that my seatbelt prevented even worse injuries.

Be careful out there on the road, everyone. Always wear your seat belts, and hug your family and loved ones.

Comments (29)