SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annafl_gw

Thank-you Hester and Joreen!!!

annafl
12 years ago

I had a wonderful visit from Hester and Joreen a few weeks ago, and they gave me this beautiful plant which I immediately loved for the beautiful foliage. It had just the start of many plump buds you could feel. I've watched this beauty every day, and it's had the prettiest evolution of buds I've ever seen. The orange has been showing for at least 10 days already and the buds are just as good as flowers to me. The flowers just started opening today, and it looks like it's going to be blooming for a long time. Check it out:

You can tell the buds are just starting to open and I'll have to post again in a few days to show it in full bloom, but it sure is beautiful, and has been beautiful for weeks before now. It is called burbidgea scheizocheila (?sp). Thanks so much Hester and Joreen!

I also wanted to say I've had a brunsfelsia in bloom for more than a month so far and it shows no sign of stopping. This picture does not do it justice. I got this as a cutting from Linda Leaf a few years ago at a swap. It is now 6-7 feet tall and just as wide. When we get cold this time of year, it has lost a lot of its foliage, but this year the foliage remains nicely and I've really loved it. Thanks Linda!

One last photo is from one rhizome I got at the same swap from BillswFl (who hasn't posted in years to my knowledge). It is a heliconia guapa. The last two years it almost died from cold, but before that, it had these gorgeous bracts each winter. This year so far there's only one, but the promise of quite a few others later on. I think it's absolutely striking, so thank-you Bill if you're out there!

Just wanted to show these beauties for your enjoyment. Hoped you were blessed this Christmas.

Anna

Comments (6)