SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Busy yard this AM

mboston_gw
13 years ago

Got up at 6 this morning and rehung my hummingbird feeders so that they would not be frozen. At seven I started watching and within a couple minutes saw an adult male Ruby come to the feeder. Watched an hour and one visited it every few minutes or so. Thinking now I may have more than one with the frequency (one just came to my window feeder!).

Yesterday I saw an immature Rufous at the feeder and it showed back up again this morning as well. It's really a beauty.

The bird feeder has been busy as well. A pair of cardinals, two or more Titmice, Doves, Bluejays, Warblers, and Wrens have all been jockeying for a space. Had to add hot water to the bird bath and they have been bathing it in as well. Mockingbirds have been scaring up bugs in the mulch too.

There have been squirrels all over the yard. At least 5 were chasing each other all over the wooden fence.

Haven't wanted to really look at my plants - if they are dead, I guess I won't have to worry about them for the rest of the winter. If they aren't I guess I will. Oh well - its all in nature's hands!

Comments (8)