SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judo_and_peppers

blueberry-pineapple jam

judo_and_peppers
10 years ago

I was thinking about making some blueberry jam, and quite separately making some pineapple jam. but there's a place that makes a fruit smoothie out of those two, and in my opinion it's just about the best fruit combination imaginable. so I figured why not just combine the two jam batches and make something really awesome.

I've looked at recipes for blueberry jam, I've looked at recipes for pineapple jam. I've also looked at the recipes for jellies for both (which might be easier since the juices are easier to come by this time of year). any reason I couldn't just combine the two? I mean it seems like making a preserve is pretty straightforward, I see no reason that after the mixing the fruit part, it would be any different from when I made really awesome strawberry spread not too long ago (my first attempt at home canning).

also, blueberry juice is pretty much purple, and pineapple juice is yellow. what would the result come out looking like?

does anyone have experience making something out of mixed fruits that are as far apart as these? is there anything special I should be considerate of when making this?

Comments (7)