SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksrogers

My own version of Chicken Kiev

16 years ago

Was able to buy some nice big whole boneless/skinless chicken breasts at a great price. I made a big batch of herbed butter, as I just couldn't find the reast of the last batch from last summer. The herbed butter was made with fresh thyme, rosemary, basil, garlic, and a little dried celery and some dried onion. I used a small food processor to chop up all the herbs very fine, then added the chunks of cold butter. It softened a little, once I added some olive oil. Then I placed it in the fridge to firm it up a bit more. I have this small plastic mold with cover, that was bought for making some sushi shapes. I placed a sheet of plastic wrap into the small cavities and spooned in some of the herbed butter and then covered it with plastic wrap and the segmented lid. Once I press down, it forms nice rectangular chunks of the herbed butter. I place it in the freezer for about a half hour and once firm, I use a knife to seperate each cube. The chicken breasts were split, and the thickest portion was sliced open to butterfly it. I covered with plastic wrap and used a heavy meat pounder to flatten and thin the meat. A chunk of the herbed butter, a spoon full of bread crumbs and its folded up to form a round shape. I also coated the outside with bread crumbs, and then wrapped each in plastic wrap. Then into Food Saver bags and sealed. Now I have about 20 of these which cook very fast in the toaster oven.

Comments (9)