SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawberrygirlie

General Climate Questions for Central Florida

strawberrygirlie
16 years ago

More from the newbie... :-D

Okay, well I survived summer and this fall seems cooler and less humid than last year. I don't know if it's because I've acclimated or because it is actually cooler and less humid. It also seems cooler sooner. Last year it seems I didn't have to pull out the wool afghan for the bed until December/January. I pulled it out a week ago and have been grateful! LOL

Can you guys in central Florida give me some heads up on the climate and climate trends... more than just humid/wet in summer and cooler in winter?

Also, some information on how the flora and fauna respond to the cooler and warmer temps? For example, how do insects respond to the cooler weather? Especially since it's not always cool in the cooler weather. It's not like Portland where in winter there is a distinct and prolonged frost and the bugs just disappear.

Sorry, I know this is a bit broad... but I'd sure be appreciative of any general and/or specific climate information about central Florida anyone can give me. I'm just not knowledgeable enough about the subtropics and it's such a unique climate for the US.

Thank you again! :-)

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions