SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_brown264

Gardening - Best hobby/obsession ever

Lisa Brown
15 years ago

I have been super busy with Daisy the puppy in the last 3 weeks so I haven't been very active here, my apologies!

But I am just so excited (and I took a sick day so I have time to share) to realize how fun it is to share gardening in common with people.

We went to Asheville the weekend before last to visit my best friend who I haven't seen in 4 years. She is big into organic veggie gardening and recently bought 3 acres on the side of a mountain. Already has a greenhouse, a big bed, and several raised beds, some of which she brought over from her last house that she rented. We went through all her seeds and I came home with all kinds of heirloom veggie seeds, flower seeds and a happy heart.

Last weekend I went to a friend's house for a big family gathering for her daughter's birthday. Her sister in law brought me seeds, cuttings, and plants she rooted just for me based on our gardening conversation over Easter Dinner!

I get to return the favor though, to other people. I've been bringing in seedlings and cuttings to my coworker and scolded my father for buying things that I have in my backyard that root easily, and gave him some rooted cuttings this weekend for his butterfly garden.

What a great hobby/obsession - I thought dog people were a great bunch but you can't share pieces of your pet lol. Gardeners are the best!

Lisa B

Comments (7)