SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hbwright_gw

The hummers don't like our new house

hbwright
12 years ago

We just moved a month ago into a new house. I always had hummers fighting in my yard for the flowers and feeders. This year so far I have had 1 single hummer come and tell me no thank you to my fresh feeder and then fly away. I swear they are even mocking me. I was at youth 2 weeks ago and one kept flying back and forth in front of their back windows looking in at us and there were no flowers to be found. Two days later is when I got my visiter that came to stick his nose up at me.

First thing first when we moved here I got planters with all their favorites that were out at the nursery at the time and started with seeds their favorites so they'll be ready in a couple months. I have impatiens, petunia and torenia that have always been their faves in the planters, and the house came with tons of azaleas that were beautifully in bloom when we moved in. Of course I have tons of others that are not in bloom yet and my feeders that I keep clean and dutifully empty and refill with clean fresh nectar every few days (weather depending) and just waiting but they'll have more in the summer if they give me a chance. I even bought brand new feeders because I didn't have time to clean mine thoroughly during the move.

When I was at youth the girls were picking on me saying the hummers won't go to a haunted house, now I'm convinced my house must be haunted. I have no other explannation. BTW--My neighbor says he has about 4 or 5 there all the time. This is just next door!!!

This settles it, I'm planting a butterfly garden when I plan my front garden.

Comments (4)