SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sudimari

Middle/Late Spring Bloomers (z5) Ideas?

sudimari
15 years ago

Well, its a little early for planting or hummers here, but I want to plan ahead...

I had pretty good luck with my hummer feeders last year (1 E (front) patio, 1 W (back) pation at this apartment. I can only do container plants, but have figured out a watering system, so hopefully my plants won't all die this year as the CFS/Fibro flares with the heat/humidity. The front patio did better, and even some of the flowers saw hummers...of course back is off bedroom & I wasn't out much, but the nectar didn't disappear as well.

Looking for good basic ideas for AM sun/afternoon shade or indirect, and full, uninterrupted ALL afternoon/evening sun. Also have a good pot (14"d x 14.5"w) that I'd like to put a bush of some kind in. It probably won't overwinter...so nothing too horribly expense. Mostly I am using the long rectangular, window like boxes to frame the outer edges of the back patio...Front patio will be climber/vine along wall (thinking morning glories, but open to suggestions) and smallish pots 10-12" aroung the perimeter. No hangers allowed. Most of the containers sit flat on the concrete so water drains out, wets concrete and mulched borders.

Thanks,

Suz

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County