SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgkritch

Linda Lou! Pickled Garlic Question

17 years ago

Linda Lou,

I believe I found a recipe for Pickled Garlic that you posted a couple of weeks ago on RecipeLink (how many Linda Lou's in WA can there be??)

If it's really you, I have a question. Or if someone else knows the answer, feel free.......

I want to know if I can safely decrease the amount of sugar (recipe posted below). My daughter loves the garlic in my dill pickles (Heinz recipe) and wants a couple of jars of "just garlic". Can I just use the Heinz recipe and leave out the cucumbers? Or use the one below and reduce sugar???

Help!!! :+)

PICKLED GARLIC

Makes 3 half pints

3 cups peeled garlic cloves

1 1/2 cups white vinegar 5% acidity

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 tsp.canning and pickling salt

Add the garlic cloves to a pan of boiling water. When it returns to a boil, boil 1 minute. Drain and pack the cloves into hot half pint jars. Leave 1/2 inch headspace.

Heat the vinegar, sugar and salt to a boiling. Pour the hot liquid over the garlic in the jars. Leave 1/2 inch headspace.

Remove air bubbles. Wipe top of jars and threads clean. Seal with hot lids. Process in water bath for 10 minutes.

Allow to sit in sealed jars for a few days before opening to allow flavors to develop.

TIA,

Deanna

Comments (11)