SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greedygh0st

If you two don't stop fighting, I'm going to turn this car around

greedygh0st
13 years ago

I did a search and couldn't find a clear answer to this issue, but I did discover that you guys have a lot of pets! So, here's the question:

I have a young Zeno

who generally loves to chew, tip over, and (if the pots are big enough) unspeakably befoul plants. (RIP Athyrium niponicum var. pictum 'Ursula's Red') My hoyas seem particularly attractive to him, because even if I have them out of reach and/or trellised, the moment I turn my back on them for a couple days, they reach out with their inquisitive fingers and turn themselves into cat toys.

As I am moving, my previous strategy of keeping him locked out of the main plant rooms might no longer viable. I generally try to keep them on high shelves or cluster them so he can't jump amongst them easily (the plants pictured are all common houseplants that I feel comfortable letting him near), and have even considered planting pots of catgrass near groups of my collection as sort of sacrificial lambs, but do any of you have strategies that have worked for you in the past?

Comments (17)

Sponsored