SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
delidiva

Reprocessing after 24 hours and other questions

Tanya Kotze
14 years ago

If I followed all the Antipasto recipe and PC processing guidelines and the jars sealed is there any reason why I can't reprocess after a couple of weeks ? The jars are fine except for air bubbles (which is still a mystery as I painstakingly removed them and usually don't get that many air bubbles). I know that they're safe even with air bubbles but I want to give it as gifts so want them to look prettier and as the contents inside is safe I don't see a reason why I can't boil it for 10min and reprocess with new lids. I know the texture might change a bit.

Then I know according to the new guidelines you let the canner sit for 10min after gauge registers 0 and then take the lid off and take the jars out but would there be any harm in letting the jars sit for another 10 min with the lid off before taking them out ?

On my gas burner it takes quite a long time for the venting to start at the temperature level I'm doing it at - otherwise the pressure goes higher than it should be at a later stage and if I turn it down it causes fluctuations in temperature and pressure and siphoning. Is there any problem with this except for obviously the time issue?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!