SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildflower_gw

I have a strange question.....

wildflower
15 years ago

I'm trying to look at this from a "non-daylily-addict" perspective so this is probably not the right place but I didn't know where else to go!!! Ok so, this weekend I have a booth at the local Master's Gardeners plant sale. I'm planning bringing a bunch of different plants including just a few daylilies that I've had potted for a couple of months. My Mother and I also sell jewelry so that's really our main focus at this sale. Anyway, in the last week or so I potted up about 30 different other named daylilies and was planning to sell these next year.

Of course, I've cut back the foliage on them and the roots aren't anywhere near filling out the gallon and larger pots. I'm wondering if maybe I should go ahead and take these other 30 with me to the sale. I have pictures in a book of most of them. Do ya'll think it's worth me dragging all of them to the sale? You know how daylilies look pretty cruddy for a a few weeks after they've been cut back.... I can't decide if I should hold onto them until next year (I also sell at my local farmer's market) or go ahead and see about getting rid of some. It would really help me to have extra space for other plants this winter. Do you think anybody would be interested - or would it be better to just hold onto them, let them fill out the pots and have nice lush foliage for next year?

Comments (6)