SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
randy_ritchie

dealing with invasives here

Randy Ritchie
14 years ago

I've been missing for so long here. Want to see what everybody else has been up to. Didn't make it to Ricky's Spring swap, sadly, but wanted to say hi to everybody.

I've been dealing with removing those darn Purple Showers plants that have taken over the landscaping in the front of the house. Not sure why anybody would ever plant something so invasive, but this tenant has been saddled with the mess. Lost everything else in that planting bed, sadly, due to being ill and not able to keep up with the outdoors. There's another bed that has some type of heliconias that is also horribly invasive. It's so bad they've uprooted a large-ish hibiscus the landlady planted in the middle of the mess. I'll try and deal with that mess once I've got the Purple Showers eliminated out front or at least under control enough that I can get them out in time. I think it might be a good place to replace with some pretty crotons. Will just have to watch placement due to windows and hurricane panels installation/access.

So, not alot of fun gardening going on here right now. Just the really physically demanding removal of poor plant/site choices dealt me by a less-than-knowledgeable gardener.

girlsaylor

Comments (28)