SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Fires In Our Area

avedon_gw
12 years ago

First, many thanks to all of you who are sending thoughts and prayers to all in Texas who are suffering from the fires that are breaking out all over. The fire southwest of us burned 7000 acres. Of course, we could see all the smoke from this, it is terrifying, but we were not in the path. People were evacuated yesterday, and I have not yet heard of any deaths, thank goodness. In the paper today, the fire people said they could not contain the fire because it was too big, so it actually is having to burn itself out, which means all fuel sources in its path are now burned out. This just breaks my heart, because all the beautiful woods in this area will be gone. Nevertheless, lives are the most important. As for us, we must be vigilant at all times. My husband and I do not leave the house together. One must stay here just in case a fire starts in our area. This way we can grab our cat and a few necessary items and get out. We hope this never happens, but this is a dire situation all over the state of Texas and also in parts of Arkansas, and Louisiana. I hope Jean is okay where she is in Ark, but also everybody else who is facing danger from fire. This seems so strange, but we are expecting a daylily order to come in today, and also in the middle of September. Somehow the idea of planting new daylilies, and then the possibility of losing everything to fire seems surreal. I will post again if something really bad happens, like a fire close by. Thanks again all, you are wonderful people. Avedon

Comments (30)