SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teka2rjleffel

In Praise of Sylvia_Marie

teka2rjleffel
15 years ago

There have been times when people complained about the other party in a swap. I just wanted to say that Sylvia_Marie sent me two HUGE cuttings of Pink Princess Philo. They came quickly despite the fact that her county got hit hard by Fay, great packaging, nice healthy cuttings. I couldn't be more thrilled. Thanks Sylvia and all others who do a great job on swaps.

Nancy

Comments (8)

• Sylvia_marie
    15 years ago

I'm blushing over here...lol. I had a great swapping experience with Nancy , her healthy alocasias arrived in great shape, labeled properly and packaged well. Thanks again and hopefully we can swap again in the future.

I personally have had good swaps through GW, there are so many giving gardeners out there and for that I too thank you all.

Sylvia

• abendwolke
    15 years ago

I was never fortunate enough to trade with Silvie, but I just received a package from Bihai, and she, too, sent a huge cutting of the Philodendron Pink Princess and a strong Alocasia macrorhizza albo-variegata pup. and as a surprise she added a Var. Alocasia gagnea pup.
    It was like Christmas!

I agree with you Nancy - thank you to Bihai and all other great and generous swappers!

Evelyn

• teka2rjleffel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Life is good in the gardening world, isn't it Evelyn?
    Nancy

• abendwolke
    15 years ago

oh yes Nancy, especially with generous gardening friends!

• countrynest
    15 years ago

Absolutely,you all! We have very generous friends. Some have even traveled a great distance to bring me plants. Inspirational,Nancy,!
    Felix

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

This is wonderful ......

The first time I had a plants shipped to me ever was rosy dawns coleus. They did an excellent job.

So I tried it again. I Came home yesterday and there was my new package at my gate . At first when I touched the box it was hot from baking in the sun

and I was worried. But the grower in Hawaii pack the plants so well , not a speck of dirt came out of the 4 inch pot !

I bought a alpinia rugosa and a vireya. I will buy from them again. :)

I am also a collector of majolica pottery. On a few occasions I opened a box ..... only to see my new treasure crushed because of poor packing.

That is one reason why I have been so apprehensive about trading plants thru the mail.

D`Ann

• happy_fl_gardener; 9a, near DeLand
    15 years ago

Rosy Dawn Gardens was mentioned. I bought many of my coleus plants from them. I have around 2-3 dozen varieties of coleus. I don't know the names of all of them, unfortunately. In the spring I did buy several of the varieties featured in the new Coleus book. If someone wants me to start some cuttings for them let me know. We could trade or the person could just pay the postage.

Christine

• beth7happy
    15 years ago

but SOME lock their cars so that you cannot slip any plants INTO their cars when they are so generous as to deliver wonderful things to your doorstep!! I'll tattle: yesterday Tony and MB came by to give me beautiful tapioca, very kewl basil, some geranium and, wooHoooo - dragon fruit! How exciting!!! But..they locked the car. NOW what am I going to do with all the buttercup...the elephant ears...the african blue basil...the jade??? to name a few. THANKS Tony and MB...was a delight to meet you.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting