SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabro14

Helping to keep this forum active -Lacunosa question

gabro14
17 years ago

Hi all,

So I bought a bunch of lacunosa rooted cuttings from someone on ebay several months ago, and they seemed very weak and "flimsy". So she sent me another batch. I had these all potted together, and lots of leaves came off with time.

I'm not a big fan of this hoya anyway...I like hoyas with big/thick foliage (my faves are Carnosa, Pubicalyx, Limoniaca, Obovata, Kerrii, Anulata, Calycina). But I've heard Lacunosa blooms are very fragrant. So that's why I was interested in it. And it seems that no hoya collector is without a Lacunosa!

Anyway, I thought maybe it was the person I bought from, so I bought a nice size, well established plant from Cowboyflowerman on ebay. Now he sends great rooted cuttings with each plant, and a lot of them too. And I've always loved the quality of his hoyas. But these were the same as the others I got! So now I KNOW it must be the plant, not the seller. I just got the plant last week, and leaves have already fallen off, and they just seem dry and paper thin. Some leaves are yellowing too. Is this just the foliage of Lacunosa? Maybe the foliage is too weak and thin to be shipped? I can't see it being something that I'm doing, because I treat this hoya like my others, and all mine are doing great. Any comments, tips, suggestions?

Thanks,

Gabi

Comments (61)

Sponsored