SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glaserberl_gw

Need ideas to keep active dog inactive

glaserberl
17 years ago

Spot started not wanting to go up the stairs last weekend. We went to the vet last Wednesday and he thought it might be the beginning of a disk problem. He was not limping at all. The vet did acupuncture and gave a herbal supplement. Spot got better over the weekend, but when he got up yesterday he yelped and didn't want to put weight on his left rear leg. We had an appointment for another acupuncture treatment today and just came back from the vet. The news is not very good. It looks like he injured his acl. The vet doesn't think it is torn, but definitely damaged. We will keep doing acupuncture and some Chinese herbs. The main directive is rest. If he damages it further he will need surgery. Spot is very active and loves to be outside. Even in the house he will run from window to window to check things out. He is only supposed to go outside to relief himself nothing else. Bones and Kongs will keep him happy for a while, but what else can I do to make life easier while on "bed rest". Oh, I don't have a crate and he is not crate trained. I wish he would be now, but I don't thing this is a good time to start.

Katharina

Comments (21)