SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floota

August 21st blooms in VA

floota
14 years ago

I put the camera away last week, but today one bloom prompted me to get it out again! It was a new bloom on a plant new to the garden this year. However, we've had tropical storms and weather this week and when I went outside, the humidity must have been near 100%, as the camera lens immediately fogged up. The only other time that ever happened was one July when we were on the Yucatan in Mexico surveying the ruins at Tulum. We got off an air conditioned bus into 110 degree weather and the camera fogged up and all pictures there were ruined. So these are a bit foggy, but were blooming today!

First, the "marker" for VL blooms in the garden, Sandra Elizabeth, an oldie registered back in 1983. It doesn't have the best substance in the garden, but if only about a dozen are blooming, who cares?

{{gwi:943227}}

Grace Stamile's cute little NANO PROBE (this is a mini) has sent up several rebloom scapes.

{{gwi:943229}}

Jane Trimmer's MICRO DOTS has just amazed me this season. It has been blooming since early June, is still going and has two scapes to go.

{{gwi:943230}}

Jim Murphy's LUCKY STREAK still has a few blooms to go.

{{gwi:943231}}

Another Jim Murphy late has enough blooms to make it into early September. This is OLFACTORY EVIDENCE.

{{gwi:943232}}

Dan Bachman's CHARON THE FERRYMAN has a few blooms to go too.

{{gwi:943233}}

And the lovely LOLA BRANHAM has enough blooms to make it into September also.

{{gwi:943235}}

Dave Talbott's CARIBBEAN GOLDEN GALLEON, a big flat gold, is reblooming.

{{gwi:943237}}

And finally, this is the bloom that made me get the camera out. This is Nicole Harry's 2009 intro. FREEDOM REIGNS. I actually like it a lot better than when I saw it at her garden in FL. Hope to get a better pic of it over the next few days!

That's all - maybe 3-4 in the garden still have buds, but weren't blooming today. Hope to see a few more rebloom scapes over the next couple of weeks. Thanks for looking!

Comments (6)