SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ariel73

Sabotaged garden?

ariel73
16 years ago

My poor garden has been through soo much lately. I feel like I was sabotaged! I know I wasn't, but it all seemed to happen at once.

A few of the things that happened- My neighbor apparrently sprayed round up on her proerty line, which I have no porblem with, but apparently there was alot of over spray into my yard and got some of my plants. They used so much round up that one corner of my yard smelled of round up for 3 days. And in that corner of my yard is my Jaboticaba tree that is at least 5-6 years old. It used to be nice and bushy , now it is just a stick with a few branches. I thought I lost it completely but it is finally pushing out new leaves. Hopefully that little episode didn't set it back too much. I was hoping for fruit in the next 2 years.

The round up also killed my blue hibiscus and a few other things, the top half of my Cherry Rio grand is dead so I need to cut that off.

My pakistan mulberry was knocked over in a storm about a month ago and it died.

And my husband accidently mowed over some of my plants.

I know none of this was done on purpose, but it is just a bit discouraging.

Thanks for letting me vent. Only other gardeners understand the true frustration of our plants being hurt and/killed.

Comments (12)