SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Do you remember the front yard belgain block project?

newyorkrita
13 years ago

So out in the front yard I had this belgium block mini terrace project done end of July. And then I put some daylilies in there. But I have been argueing with the guy that he messed this up and that instead of going straight that he had them going crooked. So that if you followed his line all the way accross it would end up all the way at the bottom instead of going evenally accross. Hard to explain without actually standing there. He has been insisting that I am wrong but I can see it, I had been baffled by the fact that he just didn't see it.

So today I had them over doing projects for me, main thing was trimming my neighbors evergreen hedge that is other side of my driveway. Yes, it is on my neighbors side not mine. But since he couldn't reach all the way accross with his short hedge trimmers near my side was a ragged mess. I had pointed it out it him, he told me he couldn't reach, I said I would have it done, he said ok. So thats what I did. Looks great.

So I had moved many of the daylilies from that front other side, I had them move the rest. I had also dug out the lilies in front and made them rip out the zinnias. Yes, I know I really didn't want to loose the zinnias but taking everything out and running stringlines was the only way I was going to convince him he had messed up. So I made him run the stringlines measuring even and guess what, his blocks weren't even close to were they should be. Oh man, so everyone clould see it and he finially could too. Surprising as I have had this guy work for me for years and he has never messed up like this.

So Monday they are coming back to knock out the little mini terraces. He said if I took the daylilies out that I had planted there that he would simply redo (no expense to me) the entire thing. It is really nice to work with someone that stands behind their work. But then I knew he would.

Comments (11)