SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Front yard project

newyorkrita
13 years ago

Well, I had moved out all those daylilies in the relocation garden out by the front walkway steps. Many were NO Ids that I no longer wanted and are no longer here.

Then I had gotten a very good (at least I thought so) idea to use belgian blocks to make a small series of mini terraces so I could plant daylilies back in that section again and there wouldn't be that steep slope. I tried it (started it) and it didn't work because the terrace height which I wanted to step down matching the height of each stair is higher than the height of a belgian block. So back to the drawing board.

I still loved the idea and I know it would look good. But it needs two blocks high which means cement and not something I know how to do. Not to worry, I simply called the guy that does all my hardscaping for me and they are out there doing the little mini terraces now and it will be just the way I want.

Pictures will follow after the terracing is done. Then daylilies from the backyard will be moved in there. I plan to only put ones from northern hrbidizers in there. Plus the area is not that large. I have already decided on some I know will move there and then I will see what else I want to move out front.

Stay turned for further devolopments.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?