SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lady_gw

Rough summer

Lady
16 years ago

It has been a really rough summer and I am feeling a little overwhelmed and sad. Some of you may know that we had our pool and lanai redone which is great but it came at a cost. I had to move 250 orchids as I was told the cement dust could kill them if I left them in the orchid room. No big deal as it was only supposed to take 4 weeks after the pavers were made. Well 4 weeks became 3 months and in that 3 months I lost at least 8 orchids and damaged a dozen more due to storms that sent them flying and mangos droping like torpedos. The guys rinsed stuff on top of plants and trampled a little which really isn't their fault as there wasn't a lot of room for them. While all this is going on we have been dealing with an identy theft problem which can really put you on edge. We also had a storm come threw and take out a 15' duranta, half my cassia alata and damage my 25 year old areca palm patch. Monday I thought things were on the mend and I could start enjoying my yard and orchids again. That was short lived as I came home on Thursday to find stakes in my yard and notes from the city telling me I had to remove any plant 4' from the middle of my swale. I removed the bromeliads that had edged their way out of the bed and thought I was ok as the palm trees were exactly 4' from the center. To make this short the city removed those 2 palms that my parents had planted many years ago which really upset me. Then they toyed with removing my mothers gardenia which is really a large beautiful plant so I begged and almost cried and the guy caved and told me he would work around it. They are supposed to be finished in 2 weeks, but I don't know. The pool company said 6 weeks and that took almost 4 months so does that mean the city will have my yard dug up for a month? I am sorry to say that anyone coming to the Cape yard tour maybe very dissapointed when they hit my place. I figured this was the only place I could vent about losing plants or feeling so upset about my garden, I hope you don't mind.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus