SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

Kiwi Daiquiri Jam Revisited

highalttransplant
13 years ago

I made a batch of the Kiwi Daiquiri Jam from the Ball Complete Book yesterday, and have mixed feelings about it. This version calls for powdered pectin, rather than the liquid in the recipe Booberry posted, so no problems with it setting up. If anything, it's almost too thick. The recipe calls for optional green food coloring, which I opted not to use, so it's a pale green, and in DH's opinion, unappetizing color. When I tasted the leftovers, I wasn't sure I was too crazy about the texture with all of the kiwi seeds, and it was quite tart/sour, almost more like a margarita than a daiquiri.

I guess I'm wondering what other folks serve this with? Typically I eat my jam on homemade quick breads, and muffins, but the flavor of this is so strong, I'm afraid it would overpower, rather than compliment any of them. I guess I could try it on an English muffin, or just plain wheat bread.

Open for suggestions. I have enough ingredients to make a second batch, but now I'm wondering what else I can make with kiwis, pineapple and lime juice?

Bonnie

Comment (1)