SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taurustendency

does anyone grow kindly light?

taurustendency
10 years ago

i bought my grandparents place from the family after they passed and the place is loaded with daylilies that im trying to id. most i suspect may be seedlings from natures own crossings after the years...but who knows.

this particular one would have to be from at least pre 1990. i think it may be kindly light, but either it is very inconsistant with size, or i have two almost identical plants on my hands. it ranges from 20-34" inches tall. the bloom ranges from about 4-8" wide (without being uncurled). it has set diploid pods for us. and appears to have an extended bloom, with 7-10 blooms per scape. i havent paid attention to the foliage habit yet. it starts blooming early.

now i thought it was kindly light until i started seeing all the small specs showing up. some are very short with tiny blooms, while others are huge. i didnt know if maybe someone else had any experience with this cultivar and could confirm its inconsistancies, or agree that i may have two different plants here. or is it that first year blooms are generally smaller than more mature plants? they were divided and transplanted last year. our four year old, was seperating out each individual fan on some of them (we gave him some busy work).

This post was edited by taurustendency on Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 12:24

Comments (2)