SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_ussher

Ever have one of 'those' days?...

SaintPFLA
14 years ago

I'm tired as heck today. I've been in 'rennovation-mode' of the interior of my house for a few weeks - non stop. I figured I may as well do it when it's 900 degrees out and 110% humidity.

A good 'old' friend who I have not seen in 8 years called me to let me know she and her family will be in town TOMORROW and they want to stop by to see me and spend the day.

Oh...crap!....

To say my house is a wreck is being kind. There are drop cloths, plaster, ladders, paint strippers...you name it...spewn about. Furniture is all moved around, tools are everywhere...etc. Layers of plaster dust covering everything....

Outside, my Skyvine is eating my grapefruit tree again, I haven't used the leaf blower since May. Don't get me started on the weeds....! Every time I look, I see another plastic HD/Lowes plant marker that I failed to throw away or a broken terra cotta planter I'm saving for who knows what.

I began to replace the lattice under the house while the interior plaster dried. In theory, doing two projects at once saves time, but actually, you just spread the chaos of uncompleted tasks.

All the flowers in my hanging baskets are dead.

What do I attack first? Run to Lowes to buy some 'color'? Whip out the hedge trimmer for the out of control vine?

I'm starting to panic....

I've explained the rennovation going on, but still. I haven't seen my friend for years and I'd prefer that they don't go home thinking I have a mental illness.

Comments (19)